Ok, so I'm starting this blog so that those that will be supporting me financially and spiritually during my stay in the States will know what's up with me.
Man, I'm sooo excited! Many new things happening soon =)
First of all, during the whole month of July, I'll be touring around Europe with Triplet (Portugal) and Reform the Resistance (U.S.) as road manager (and sometimes also as cook, camera girl and merch girl). Now, it won't be the first time for me to go on a tour, to cook, be the camera girl, and the merch girl, but I've never been a road manager before so it's going to be interesting!! Fortunately, I have already toured with both bands (separately), but both times my dad was the one in charge. However, since he'll be busy with our festival, we've decided that I'll take his place this time. My mother's not too happy about sending me around Europe with 7 guys and only one other girl (as any mother would), but they are all like my brothers and sister so no worries hehe =)
After that, in August, we'll pack up our van and take a family trip to Portugal. So, we'll be driving from Italy, through France, then Spain and finally Portugal (with different stops along the way of course). Should be fun =)
Once we get to Portugal, my family will be busy looking at houses (they're moving there in October) and will look at schools for Alana (16 1/2 years old) and Isaac (almost 10). I'll spend some time with them, but I'm really hoping to be able to spend some time with Barbara at her community =)
And then September will finally arrive! In this month I will move to Chicago for Project 12! That will REALLY be a completely new experience for me. It will be my first time....
...away from my family for more than a month
...living in the States for a year (the most I've ever been there was 3 months four year ago)
...doing a training
...living in a community (Jesus People USA)
....living in a big city
....living in a Christian environment with Christians who are like me
And there are probably some other things I'll be doing for the first time too hehe....
Am I nervous? Well, yeah, a little...but I'm really excited about it!! (just in case you haven't noticed =P )
I know it will be weird for me to live in the States, but fortunately the community is full of international people so that makes me feel better =)
I keep thinking about all the things I'll miss about Italy...especially the food and the land! =P hehe I'm spoiled
This morning, when I woke up, I thought about the fact that in a few months I'll be living in a big city and that I won't be surrounded by beautiful nature anymore :-( It's crazy how we take SO much for granted and never realize how important things are to us until we lose them!
I'm so used to waking up to the sound of birds singing and seeing the green outside my window....and then walking into our living room to see the mountains, the sun and more green...it's so beautiful!
Here are some pics I took this morning from our living room (had to darken them to be able to see the sun)

and some of our oleanders on our balcony...

Well, I should get to bed since last night I only slept for about 4 hours and now it's 3 am.
So sorry that I made this so long!! I start writing and then I can't stop :-/
Good night everyone!
1 comment:
ps Jesse spent a week out at Barbara's while he was in Portugal. She's family too!
Post a Comment