Monday, July 6, 2009

Did Bushnell Follow Me Home?

I just woke up fifteen minutes ago to a strange sound. It sounded like a bird. It sounded like a bird in my bathroom!
I got up and went in my bathroom and looked around. I thought I was just hearing things and was turning around when a bird flew from somewhere into a wall and then into the bathtub and then into the mirror and wouldn't stop flying all over the place into stuff! I was so worried that it would hurt itself and didn't know how the heck I would catch it so I left my room in my pajamas to look for someone. My first choice would have been Eric since he's a bird watcher...but he's still down in Bushnell with his family. So I went to the Hills and knocked on their door even though it had the "No Knocks Please" sign on it.
Don grabbed a towel, went into my REALLY messy room and closed the door. After a long time he finally got it and then let it go on the fire escape. He told me it was a Starling.
This is the second time in my life that this has happened to me. The first time was in Italy when my big window was wide open. This time, I find it funny that of all the windows that little bird could have come into he chose mine:
As you can see it's not the easiest to get through.

Anyways....yesterday I had a good day coming back home. I traveled back with the Helles and got to sit between their crazy twins which was fun most of the time. At one point I did feel a little desperate 'cause they obviously had way more energy than I had, but the fact that they're really cute helped me not go insane =)
Once I got back, the first thing I did was use my toilet (yay!! not more porta potties!) and the second thing was take a shower (I hadn't showered for a long time)! Then, I went down stairs and had a hot meal (almost all week I lived off of sandwiches)! And after that, Carolyn, Tyler and I watched some movies together. First we watched Romeo + Juliet 'cause it's one of Carolyn's favorite movies and I didn't remeber it since the only time I had seen it was when I was 11. It was really cute 'cause Tyler left the room for a bit and came back with a little tub of ice cream and spoons and said "with girls and a sad movie, I figured ice cream was important"! Then we watched Babe 'cause it's one of Tyler's favorite movies which I also hadn't seen since I was little and Carolyn hadn't seen at all. Oh, and Carolyn made me a pot of peppermint tea 'cause I hadn't had any tea for a week!! =)
So yeah, I'm back home. I'm not really looking forward to unpacking, doing laundry, cleaning my room and then going back to work tomorrow, but oh well, it's nice to be back to "normal". I think the thing I'm dreading most of all is trying to clean my shoes.

Hopefully, they'll be alright. Carolyn had to throw her shoes out!

I am so spoiled. I should be more thankful.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: