So Fest for Us was great, though I was kind of in a bad mood sometimes.
As I said in the previous post, I had to act and dance for two videos that were done for the Fest. In one I had the main role and in the other I had a small role. I was really looking forward to seeing the second video, but the audio doesn't work on it, so they weren't able to show it for Fest for Us, which I was really sad about. So instead, I was able to make a fool out of myself AGAIN. As if I hadn't done it enough already.
When they showed the music video for first thing at the party on Sunday after the Easter dinner, I pretty mush turned bright red. Fortunately, no one saw it cuz I was sitting in the very front and the room was really dark. Then, afterwards, they did a Makeover Show which was really funny, but the three people that they made over actually looked really good. After that, they did a whole "JPUSA Awards" thing which was really funny and I was one of the nominees for the H.O.T. (I can't really remember what it stood for. I think H was for Hard Working) Single Girls Award. For that, they put up silly "trying to be hot" pictures up, and mine was the first one. Betty, my roommate got the award =) A lot of these awards were just silly things. There was also a "Person that is going to try to take over the community" award which got won by Chris Aron who's about 10 years old. haha. Some of the awards were serious. I love the fact that the Hills got Best Parents Of The Year award. They are such great people and they are so patient and devoted to their kids. I can't even imagine how hard it must be for them sometimes. They have three kids and all three of them have severe health problems and their oldest is also autistic.
I am also so glad that Ed Bialach got Best Man of the Year award! He does SO much for the community and Cornerstone, it's crazy.
Later on, they had a dating game (which was what we did instead of the movie I really wanted to see). Betty was the girl who had to ask questions to three guys behind the curtain and then pick one, and Lyle was the guy. I was one of the bachelorettes and Lyle picked me. We could hardly hear him when he spoke, so the other two girls didn't really answer his questions, but somehow I would come up with funny answers (though I'm not really good at improvising). It was funny, cuz I was using this very low and scary voice (kind of like an old smoker lady's voice) and pretty much made a fool out of myself AND THEN, when I won I acted like girls act on tv shows when they win and JPUSA's photographer got the whole thing and posted it here. I wish someone would have gotten the whole thing on video.
During the Fest for Us week, other than making a fool out of myself, I also finally moved out of Grace's room on 6th floor and into Bethany's room on 2nd floor and for my Fest For Us work I cleaned and painted every afternoon (and sometimes late at night too). I wish someone had taken a picture of what the room we worked on looked like before we touched it! It was pretty much a mess, with all kinds of stuff all over the place, big piles of debris, splattered old paint on the floor...it pretty much looked like a room you'd find in an abandoned building! And now it's a beautiful art gallery!! Amazing...
Everyone did such a great job at setting up everything for the Fest! It was a lot of fun =)
Ok, so here's the remake of the 80's Resurrection Band music video. I'm the rebellious girl with the crazy outfits and the short black hair (It's a wig). Oh gosh haha
And here's the original. (You can play them at the same time and see how close we got!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment