These last weeks have been like an ocean. Sometimes I have calm peaceful waters under blue skies, other times I have gray days with little waves and then suddenly I'll have storms rise up with a lot of rain and huge waves. (That reminds me that I haven't been to the lake in a LONG time...I want to go as soon as I have time off.) It's obvious that Satan is very aware of my growing and dealing with a lot of stuff and so he keeps bringing in me feelings that make me miserable. Fortunately, God is by my side, and so are all my friends, even in moments of weakness when I don't feel like fighting back and just let the waves and wind keep coming. I've been so difficult, I don't know how people can put up with me and I feel so bad about it. But as Hannah said, I don't have to beat myself up for having a ruff time, "we're not just friends who hang out together, we're people who live together and everyone has bad days".Different people have told me that when I feel like crap, or jealous, when I'm judging people or am mad, I should pray right that moment (not at the end of the day, when I usually do) and I should do something for someone else, that way my attention goes from myself to others.
Passing on to a different subject...
So far, I've missed all the DM and family dinner nights this month which basically means that I've been busy every Thursday evening!
On March 6th I was convinced to go along with Jesse, Cindy, Nate, Michael, Betty, Erica, Hannah, Alana and Donna (Alana's mom) to a casting try out! They were looking for swing dancers to be in the new Johnny Depp movie ‘‘Public Enemies.’’ It's a gang movie set in the 1930s so they wanted us to come dressed up. I was super nervous the whole time cuz I hadn't swing danced in months and my feet were killing me cuz I was walking around in high heels (which I've never done before) and I still have that gross wort under my left foot, but it was a lot of fun anyway! It was crazy how we waited for forever and then each of us danced for only 15 minutes or so! If they call us, we get to be payed extras and we might be able to see Johnny Depp!! =)
After the dance, we all went to Kopi's which is a cute cafe' that a lot of JPUSAs got to. Almost everyone had something good to eat, but I didn't get anything because my stomach felt weird. I then found out that it was because the dress I was wearing (which was Alana's) was too tight on me so Erica unzipped the back for me and I just sat with my back against the wall to hide it. We all laughed at how relieved I was to be able to breath normally and not feel like my stomach was being squished! I can't believe I didn't really notice it before AND that I was able to DANCE in it! haha
Here's a slideshow of pictures from that night....
The next Thursday, March 13, I had to act and dance in one of the Fest for Us videos. It's a remake of an 80's Resurrection band music video. For those who don't know, Rez band was a really big Christian rock band (one of the first) that was formed by ex and present JPUSA members (and leaders). Rez band was actually the first and main mission of JPUSA when it first started out and they were also one of the first bands that my dad toured with in Italy and around Europe.
So anyways, back to the silly remake I was part of....I had to wear crazy 80's clothing and a wig! It was so funny that when I walked around the house with the wig on hardly anyone recognized me!So far, I've missed all the DM and family dinner nights this month which basically means that I've been busy every Thursday evening!
On March 6th I was convinced to go along with Jesse, Cindy, Nate, Michael, Betty, Erica, Hannah, Alana and Donna (Alana's mom) to a casting try out! They were looking for swing dancers to be in the new Johnny Depp movie ‘‘Public Enemies.’’ It's a gang movie set in the 1930s so they wanted us to come dressed up. I was super nervous the whole time cuz I hadn't swing danced in months and my feet were killing me cuz I was walking around in high heels (which I've never done before) and I still have that gross wort under my left foot, but it was a lot of fun anyway! It was crazy how we waited for forever and then each of us danced for only 15 minutes or so! If they call us, we get to be payed extras and we might be able to see Johnny Depp!! =)
After the dance, we all went to Kopi's which is a cute cafe' that a lot of JPUSAs got to. Almost everyone had something good to eat, but I didn't get anything because my stomach felt weird. I then found out that it was because the dress I was wearing (which was Alana's) was too tight on me so Erica unzipped the back for me and I just sat with my back against the wall to hide it. We all laughed at how relieved I was to be able to breath normally and not feel like my stomach was being squished! I can't believe I didn't really notice it before AND that I was able to DANCE in it! haha
Here's a slideshow of pictures from that night....
The next Thursday, March 13, I had to act and dance in one of the Fest for Us videos. It's a remake of an 80's Resurrection band music video. For those who don't know, Rez band was a really big Christian rock band (one of the first) that was formed by ex and present JPUSA members (and leaders). Rez band was actually the first and main mission of JPUSA when it first started out and they were also one of the first bands that my dad toured with in Italy and around Europe.
I was kind of stressed out and in a bad mood while we did the music video (as kind of mentioned in beginning of this post), but it was actually a lot of fun! =)
And now this week, I've been working like crazy for Fest for Us, cleaning and painting the first floor of the Wilson building (building across the street where we usually have our classes and where there are offices for different JPUSA companies) cuz we're turning it into an art gallery!
Tomorrow is the first Fest for Us night and it will go on till Sunday night. I'm excited to see what it's like! =)




No comments:
Post a Comment