On Monday, May 12, I had my first buddy. Here at JPUSA whenever we have a visitor or a new person, they give the newcomer a buddy, who is pretty much a member of the community that has been here for a bit, who the coordinators think will get a long with the person, and who will show the visitor/new member around and will hang out with them and help them out as best they can with whatever they need.
I didn't have a buddy when I got here because when I got here, I got into Project 12 right away and, I guess, people thought that was enough for me. Fortunately, Amanda Sue would pop up whenever I was lost or didn't know where something was, etc. so she kind of was my unofficial buddy.
So yeah, I had never been a buddy to anyone before, and Cindy had me be one for a girl called Laura who's actually leaving this Thursday. I don't think I was the best buddy ever, but she said I did a good job at welcoming her and doing my best at showing her around so I'm happy =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment