Saturday, September 13, 2008

Musicals, 4 Year Olds, And Waffles

Ever since I moved here, I've been slowly "educated" on old movies and I'm loving it. I've seen The Shop Around The Corner and In The Good Old Summertime (which are the older versions of You Got Mail), The Rope, Fiddler On The Roof, My Fair Lady, Singing In The Rain (I loved that movie!!), The Sound of Music....and tomorrow I'm watching Oliver!
I really want to see Merry Poppins again...haven't seen that one in a LONG time.

Today Betty and I babysat Eben. He's so cute! We decided to make waffles and while Betty was making them, Eben grabbed my hand and started dragging me towards his parents' room saying "Come on! I want to have some Eben and Whitney time". We have some of the most adorable pre-k boys!! We ended up watching Pirates of the Caribbean (which is no surprise since that's Eben's favorite movie).
And man, were those waffles good! Betty and I had them with strawberries and strawberry syrup. Mmmmm =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! (We did pancakes with maple syrup, whipped cream and fresh peaches yesterday for lunch :o)
Glad you and Betty are getting some hang time together, too... Eben knows best :oP

Anonymous said...

Oh wait... just realized you posted this now, but it's dated over 2 weeks ago! You need to get caught up on your blog posts, girl... you confuse me!
~mph

(that was me before, too...)

Whitney said...

Yeah, I had written these posts a while ago, but for some reason never posted them. Then I went away and didn't have any internet. So now that I'm on the internet for the first time in a while I finally posted them.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading them anyway...