This morning Sarah Sullivan gave us a devotion on Comfort. She read some Scripture (where from I can't remember...I think I remember her saying "Corinthians" and the number "2", but I'm not finding it...) on how God is our Comforter and then told us that God Comforts us in two ways: 1. through the Holy Spirit and 2. through one another. She told us that Comfort is a really important thing and a Gift, so we should pass it on. She said that sometimes we feel like we can't comfort someone because we've never been through what they're going through, but she said that that is only our own uncomfortableness, and that we need to get over it, 'cause Comfort is always the same, and that if we don't go and Comfort that person, then maybe others won't either and that person is going to end up comfortless. Sarah said that even if we don't know the person, we can just go up to them and let them know that we're praying for them, or we can do something for that person...Whatever we do will help that person as long as we do something.
She also said that when we are going through bad times, we should still read the Bible or pray even though it makes us angry. 'Cause God's not going to care if we're angry at Him, He understands, and he prefers us being like a toddler, screaming and pulling on Him and complaining, than being like a teenager and just shutting Him out and ignoring Him. When we're being like a toddler, we're at least going to Him. She said that even 60 year olds can be like toddlers sometimes, and God doesn't care.
I really liked all of that. It was good =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment