For my birthday (May 5th) and Erica and Josh's third wedding reception (they got married in Chicago, then they went to visit his family in California, and this time they were going to visit her family) we went to Louisiana. We had a lot of fun! Erica had her mom get two king cakes, which are actually Mardi Gras cakes, for my birthday. One was strawberry and cream cheese and the other was pecan praline. I liked the pecan praline.
The day after we got there, the three of us went out to celebrate my birthday. We had a picnic by a lake and had crawfish (which we picked up at a crawfish drive thru!), veggies, hummus that Josh made, good bread, guacamole that Erica made, chips, and berries. It was really nice!
The rest of the time we hung out with Erica's friends and family and went out to eat at all of Erica's favorite places. I think my favorite place was Raising Cane's which is a Louisiana take out chain that serves freshly made chicken fingers, fries, Texas toast, their "secret recipe" sauce, and freshly squeezed lemonade. I'm not a fast food fan, but this stuff was GOOD! =)
We also got to go check out the LSU campus, which is where Erica went to school. The campus was huge! And we got to see Mike the Tiger, who's their mascot. (I never realized how huge a tiger is! His paws are probably as big as my face!) I felt bad for the poor thing...
Oh! And the whole time we stayed with Erica's old boss (a veteranarian) who has a very nice home with her husband on a akre property and has a white German Sheperd called Bear, four miniture doxins, and four little Doxin puppies who are so cute! Josh, Erica and I wanted to take two of them home with us!
Here are pictures from our trip...
P.S. Oh! And we also got to go to New Orleans which I really wanted to do again before I leave! (I went there last year for the first time during our missions trip)
P.P.S. And by the way, the day before we left (the day before my birthday), I was having a hard day and I got two surprises! First of all, a friend of mine who is also an MK (Missionary's Kid) in Texas randomly showed up at my office to say hi! It was really weird!
And after that, Erica decided that the two of us were finally gonna dye our hair (we had been talking about it for a long time) and she payed for me, telling me that it was by birthday present. So now, instead of being a dark blond, I'm a reddish blond, and instead of being brown-haired Erica is now black-haired!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment