Well, on Saturday June 13th I finally took my ACT. I have no idea how I did, but I hope I did good (though I keep having terrified thoughts that I didn't do well...and I can't redo it so whatever it is is what I'm getting...). I'm bummed 'cause I know that I would have done better if I would have taken it right after I graduated high school instead of waiting two years...and if I had started studying for it sooner! But oh well...I'm not going to worry about it too much...
This week is our first week of actual summer! Which is insane since it's the LAST WEEK OF JUNE!
At the shelter, on first floor (where I work) it's cold 'cause the air conditioning is on high. On second floor and third floor it's cool 'cause they have fans and air conditioning. But then on fourth floor, they don't have any air conditioning, just a few fans and it's 95 degrees up there! We've had children and older men having to go to the hospital because of it! AND THEN, on fifth floor, where we have the Free Store (all of our donations that clients can go through at a designated time) it's MORE THAN A HUNDRED DEGREES! How crazy is that?? Meanwhile, outside it's 80 something degrees.
Thankfully, someone donated fans for the Free Store yesterday, so hopefully that will help!
I've been trying to get shelter stuff done all week and well, I did the best I could.
Tomorrow morning I leave for Bushnell for Cornerstone Festival (one of the largest Christian music and arts festivals in the country sponsored by Jesus People USA, the community I live in). While down there, I'm going to be working with my friends Ami and Betty at the Project 12/ Grrr Tent and enjoying as much as I can of the festival! PLEASE PRAY THAT WE WILL HAVE GOOD WEATHER!
When I get back here, I'm going to be finishing stuff up at work and sending my quarterly report to DHS (hopefully it will all go well!!) and then I'll be studying and packing before taking my GED on July 20, 21, and 22 and then leaving for Pennsylvania on July 27!
I'll be staying with my grandparents for 10 days before LEAVING FOR PORTUGAL on August 6th!!
I have a lot of mixed emotions about all of this...but one thing is clear: I have A LOT to do in the next month and a half!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment