Yesterday was a nice day. I finally got to hang out with Linda and Amira again. I think last time I hung out with Linda was in March and last time I hung out with Amira was July 2006. I have no idea when I last hung out with both of them...maybe three years ago.
I love how every time I see them it's as if no time has past. What I love even more is that we're still friends now, at age 18, even after all that we went through in middle school.
Middle school, oh gosh! Those were probably some of the worst and yet, at the same time, some of the best years of my life. They were the worst because we were all constantly changing and fighting and going through our "inner battles" (mine was depression and lack of self-confidence). They were the best because I grew and learned so much from those years.
It was so nice to laugh with Linda and talk to Amira again! It was so weird to see Amira driving though! I guess Linda and I are going to be next. (In Italy, you get your drivers license when you're 18).
What sucked though, was that during the day, Linda and Amira said that we should do this more often and talked about what we should do next time...but there will only be one last next time for me, since I'll be going to the States and who knows when next time I see them will be. Oh well.
It's crazy how near my move to the States is! I don't even realize it, but my mom's been telling me to pack up all my stuff, which sort of gets me more aware of it. I'm going to have to have a suitcase for going to Portugal for these next three weeks, a suit case for going to the States for a year, and a box of stuff that I'll leave with my parents.
It's weird how a year is both a very long time and a very short time! It seems to be a very long time when you look at it from the start, but then you get to the end of it and you realize how short it actually was.
So yeah, tomorrow we're leaving for Portugal. We'll travel as much as possible (which could be about 18 hours) and then sleep somewhere (we're thinking about sleeping on a beach or something) and then the next day, we'll travel some more (about 7 hours, I think) and arrive at Barbara's land. Then, my parents we'll leave me there and go to Cascais, where they'll stay at the Farmers' house and look at houses to rent. I'll join them a week later.
I'm excited about staying at the Land for some time with Barbara and then seeing the ocean and all my Portuguese friends again! Maybe I'll ever get to meet Jenelle =)
It will be fun, for sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I sure hope I get to meet you, too, dear Whitney. Blessings on your packing.
It's so crazy that you were just at Barbara's land, Jenelle is headed there today, then she comes here next week, your parents are staying with the Farmers... the lovely overlapping relationships just go on and on. I like that God weaves us together.
And cool that you're enjoying the book... I have a book here for Ben that I should have sent with Jesse and Trevor to mail from the States, but I'll send it with Nelly. It's Writing on the Wall from 24-7 and it has some of his art in it... and on the cover. It's art and prayers from prayer rooms around the world.
Well, blessings on this season of transition for you. God goes with you, before you and behind you.
Post a Comment