Today I had to say goodbye to Ruben, João, Jas and Ivo. Saying goodbye to the guys wasn't a hard and dramatic moment. With Ruben and João it was actually quite funny since we were just joking around (those are the goodbyes I prefer). With Jas, however, it was harder cuz it was right after hanging out together, talking about all kinds of stuff and then praying together (or better Jas praying for me). In fact, when I walked in the house after saying goodbye to her, with a bunch of wet tissues in my hand, my face red and tears in my eyes, my mom said "the combination of praying and saying goodbye is never a good thing for Whitney".
It's still not completely real to me that I'll be leaving Europe in about 20 days and that I'll be away for a year. It will probably finally hit me once I'm on the plane for the States.
Tomorrow I'm going back to Barbara's with Marcia, Ben, Bruno and my sister Alana and we're staying there until Monday, when my parents will pick Alana and I up and we'll be off for our journey back to Italy.
Pedro, Nuno, and whoever else I wasn't able to say goodbye to: love you and see you in a year!!!
Soon will come the harder goodbyes: my Italian friends whom I've known for years and whom I have no idea when I'll see again! That will be weird...
P.S. I just found out that there's a band called Kill Whitney Dead! What the heck?!?! That's the stupidest band name ever. If you kill someone, they're obviously dead! And why does the name have to be Whitney??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment