Friday, September 5, 2008

Salty Waters And Crazy Winds

Before I left Chicago, I told Hannah how I missed the ocean/sea. Almost every summer, my family would go on a family vacation somewhere on the ocean/sea and it made me sad that this was going to be my first summer in a long time not going to a salty beach! But fear no more, I have finally gone to the ocean this year!! My Aunt Judy and I went to Strathmere (south of Ocean City), NJ on Monday and got back Wednesday! It was so GREAT!! I LOVE the ocean =) I love the sound of the waves, I love walking in the sand, I love the smell of the salty water, I love being in the water, I love feeling the sun on my skin...aaah it's wonderful! Now I can go back to the city and live there one more year.

Going to a more serious matter regarding oceans, I'm SO glad that hurricane Gustav didn't damage New Orleans like Katrina did! Thank God!! I was really praying that that wouldn't happen...man, I feel so bad for all those people that live down there that had to evacuate! And I really loved that city so I'm really happy that it didn't get ruined any more than it already is! But now there are three more hurricanes coming!! What the heck!!

Hurricane Hannah is supposed to hit the East Coast tomorrow and that's when I'm flying out of Philadelphia!! I hope everything goes fine...

It was so nice to see Linda and Randy last night! They brought me out to dinner and we got to talk a lot. They're the only people, other than my grandparents' church, that I got to see. I kind of feel bad because there are so many people that I would have liked to see in this area, but I just didn't feel like seeing people...it's been my vacation from community, right? So, I guess I shouldn't feel too bad. Hopefully, I'll get to see my friends next time I'm back (which should be for Thanksgiving and Christmas).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to read your vacation was just the kind of getaway you needed, and that you got to enjoy so many of the things you've been missing. Those times are so important for refueling and refreshing :o)
~mph

maureenhurst said...

We had a great day at the beach yesterday! It seems that Sept. & October are the warmest months here and not as windy. You'll love it here if you come next year at this time.