Yesterday was a nice day.
When getting home from work, feeling frozen, I was greeted by Ami's bake sale of cinnamon rolls and Betty let me get one on her tab (some jobs, in Betty's case the JPUSA school, let their workers have tabs at bake sales. The shelter hardly ever has tabs 'cause we don't have any money, but the teachers have tabs almost all the time). It was so nice to "thaw out" while eating a cinnamon roll and it was really nice to have something already in my stomach for dinner time, since dinner looked really gross and I didn't feel like cooking =P
Right after everyone had finished their dinner, the group that I was sitting with saw a bunch of our kids running in the dining room all bundled up with snow balls in their hands yelling "It's snowing! It's snowing!!". So, Hannah, Carolyn, Betty, two of our high school girls, and I ran up to our rooms, put some heavy clothes on, and went out for a walk. There really was only a thin layer of snow on cars and the little grass there is around trees, but we still had fun making snow balls out of the little we had and throwing them at each other. It was also just a fun (and very cold) walk.
Later in the evening, I went to my first Women's Meeting and it was very nice. A lot of the women in our house gathered together and worshiped. Sandy, my boss, also shared her testimony which was very entertaining (she's a good and funny writer/speaker). And then, afterwards, we all ate good home made food (pumpkin bread, cookies, and bread with cheese, nutella, or jam) which made me so thankful that I hadn't had any dinner =)
During the worship they also had a moment where they passed a bowl around that had pieces of paper with names of all the women that live at JPUSA and the women who lead this meeting asked us to pray for whoever we got. I liked that.
It was really funny that they didn't find a woman who could do sound and therefore had Ed do it for us. So it was Ed with about at least 60 women if not more (I am really bad at numbers)!
When we were done with the meeting, Carolyn, Betty and I watched Kung Fu Panda (which Betty had just got in the mail that day and was so excited to watch). I was a little skeptic about it being a great movie, 'cause lately I find a lot of newer animated movies to be stupid. But it was actually good =)
It's nice to start the week well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That really does sound like a great start to your week!
I also was skeptical about Kung Fu Panda cuz I don't like animated movies as a rule, but I really liked it!! Two weekends ago, we made pizza and invited 4 of the Hardy kids over (their mom was out at a meeting and their dad was away) and then Graham was here, who Isaac had invited to sleep over... so the 9 of us watched Kung Fu Panda while eating pizza... such a great night. And I loved watching the little Hardy boys laugh hysterically... they're so cute!
See you soooooooooon!!
~mph
Post a Comment