Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's Going To Be A Long Winter

Sunday night and Monday we had our first snow. So, on Monday morning, I had to get my boots out to walk to work. The layer of snow on the ground wasn't very thick, but the snow in the wind felt like it was slapping my face.
Today it is below 20 degrees F outside (that's below -6 degrees C) so walking outside was a pretty big shock. Thankfully there was no wind and it was sunny out!! Nevertheless, my face felt like it was going to freeze off, my eyes were tearing and my lungs weren't too happy about the freezing cold air (which doesn't help when you're asthmatic). Plus, not knowing how cold it was outside, I decided to wear my Converse instead of my warm boots since there was only a little bit of snow and ice on the ground (it hasn't snowed again yet). Stupid idea.
At least now I'm ready for tomorrow!

I hope I can get stuff to insulate my room soon! (I'm waiting on our house crew)

Enjoy your heat all you people that live in warmer places!

No comments: