Today was a nice day. I stayed home from work and didn't go to devotions. I didn't really sleep in, but I stayed in bed till late. I then hung out with a lot of different people that I've been meaning to visit for a while, which was really nice. I guess it does sound a little weird that I haven't visited people that I live with in a while, but you got to realize that there are 400 people living in this big building (not including our 100 seniors in our senior program)!
So anyways, I spent the day going from one room to another and then had to leave for dinner.
My small RL (Redeemed Lives) group decided to go to Julie's (she's the only one in our group who doesn't live at JPUSA) house for dinner and then go downtown to see the Christmas lights.
We had a lot of fun! We actually ended up not going downtown, but just driving through a crazy neighborhood in the suburbs where every other house had an insane display of Christmas lights! We were all so mad that none of us brought a camera with them 'cause there were so many houses and decorations that we wanted to take pictures of!!! I'm sure that those people gotta have A LOT of money to be able to do that!
There was a "three story Christmas tree" that went through the house (here
's a not-so-great picture of it that I found on the internet), a giant reindeer made of lights, a tree house that was complete COVERED in white lights and was full of stuffed animals and elves and had a "stuffed band" that played some Christmas song that we could barely hear, there were all kinds of blown up Christmas characters in people's yards (like Santa, Frosty, Snoopy, Christmas carolers, Taz dressed as Santa, giant snowmen, etc), and just tons and tons of lights! I'm sure it's a normal thing here..but I've never seen anything like that!! It's so crazy! But it was fun looking at them.Then, we went back to Julie's house and had tea and cookies =)
No comments:
Post a Comment