Ok, so, the first 15 months I lived here I only got the flu once (and it was terrible!). This year, so far, I've gotten the flu once a month! I had it for a weekend in January, then for a week two weeks later in February, and now, a month later, I'm sick again! Ugh.
Last time I got REALLY sick and it was Max and Melissa's wedding (Feb 14) which made me really annoyed (though I did go to the ceremony anyway even though I had a really high fever). And today is Amanda Sue and Andrew's wedding! Thankfully, I'm not as sick as last time, though I did throw up a lot last night... I'm hoping that I only have food poisoning so that it goes away soon, but there is some kind of stomach flu going on around the house again (even Andrew, the groom has it, poor guy!)...
Anyways, I hope I feel better for later today...At 4pm I'm supposed to help set up the room where Amanda Sue is going to hang out with her female relatives, have brownies and tea, get her dress on, and do her hair. And then I need to be there (along with the other ladies that set up) while she's in there just to make sure everything goes well and get stuff for them if they need anything. And then at 7pm is the wedding!
JPUSA weddings are really special, 'cause they have everyone helping out, and they decorate the Garden Room (the room where we have church and parties and stuff) so wonderfully for the reception (and it's always a big surprise for the married couple)! Every wedding they decorate it completely different, according to what the bride and groom are like. For one wedding they decorated it to resemble a dream that the bride had had and we had bunnies and cup cakes all over the place and the wedding cake was a giant cupcake! And for Erica and Josh's wedding they decorated the room with an Indian kind of style had a Taj Mahal made of ginger bread!
For this wedding, which the bride and groom want really simple, it looks like they are going to be hanging paper chains made out of pages from books, and earth toned colored paper, all around the room. I hope they were able to make all of them all right. (I had said that I was going to help them last night, but when I got there I started feeling really nauseous, so I had to leave)
Well, anyways, I didn't want to blab about me being sick.... I wanted to share with you another excerpt from Walter Wangerin Jr.'s "Reliving the Passion."
In this chapter, Wangerin is talking about Mark 14:26-31, when Jesus told his disciples that they would all fall away and Peter said to him, "Even though they all fall away, I will not." The author says that so many of us are like Peter; we think we're better than others 'cause we do good deeds, we pray, we fast, we do all that He wants us to do, there's no way we would ever deny Christ!
And yet, we need to realize this, "Peter, Peter, Christian! Soon, in pain, you will discover that it's not your love, not your goodness or knowledge or prayer, no, not all your strength that keeps us together. I do that. I alone, your Lord, do that."
I really like that.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment