Sunday, September 30, 2007

Being Different

All my life I've been different. I've pretty much gotten used to it and just learned to live with it, but sometimes it gets kind of annoying. Like the fact that when I'm in Italy I'm the American girl and then when I'm here I'm the Italian girl...well, I guess that doesn't get too much on my nerves. But I do feel left out by the fact that all my friends here are all excited and spending a lot of their free time in re-organizing their rooms together while I'm roommateless for 3 months and feel like I can't change anything in my room cuz I prefer doing it WITH my roommate. On the other hand, the fact that I feel like I'm just living in another person's room and it not feeling like it's mine is even more annoying. However, Hannah and Dora said that once I'm done unpacking and get this room cleaned up and we have free time, they'll come up here and help me decide what to do with my room. I'm thinking of buying a cool plant to put next to my window and a lamp to put next to my bed.

Yesterday was fun. I went out with Bethany, her sisters and her friend who all came to visit for the weekend. We went to the Lincoln Park Conservatory which is basically this green house full of all kinds of wild plants, mostly palms and ferns. It was really awesome. (Here are some of the weird plants I saw and Bethany in front of a huge plant (the other girls are behind her). Click on the pics to see them bigger)

We also quickly checked out the zoo right next to the conservatory. I personally hate zoos cuz I'm against keeping animals in cages and not in their natural habitat, but it's free and the others really wanted to go in. (Care to see some camel buts?)
Then, last night, Amanda Sue, Andrew, Adam and I played Enchanted Forest in my floor's living room. It's a memory board game Amanda Sue used to play when she was little. We had fun.

Today was my first time at the JPUSA church! I really liked it =) It was kind of weird cuz they have it in the high school right next to us in a kind of carpeted half amphitheater in the hall way...kind of hard to describe :-/ I'll take a picture of it next Sunday...But anyway, it's very cool that it's a half circle and the "seats" are very comfortable.

Ok, after a nice relaxing weekend, I better get to bed and get some sleep since tomorrow is another working and lessons day. Tomorrow evening there's also a swing dance class and all of us girls are going! Will be fun for sure =)

No comments: