I'm SO glad that I finally feel better today! I was sick from Tuesday to Saturday and it was not fun at all.
As I've already said before, I really am happy with my family. Monday evening after swing dance class, I hung out with them and a few other people in the kitchen on their floor and Becki made smoothies that were really good =) Then last night we all hung out in their kitchen again and one of their friends made crepes with nutella and fruit! They were so delicious. It was nice getting to hang out with Becky and Matt since they're leaving us for 2 weeks and a half to go on a trip to Europe and Africa for their 10 year anniversary. That sounds like fun!
It kind of sucks that they live on the 2nd floor and I live on the 6th floor, but it's cool that we get to do things together anyway.
Today I finally met my mentor! I'm SO glad that we've decided to have our One on One time during lunch on Sundays. Everyone else is doing their One on One time during the week, but I prefer not having an extra thing to jam into our already very busy schedule! Today I had lunch with her in her room and then we went for a walk and she got coffee and I got tea (obviously =P). I had been kind of nervous about the whole mentoring thing with a person I'd never met before, but Kris is cool and we had a nice time together. It wasn't too hard to open up to her...but then again, I open up to pretty much anyone whom I feel comfortable with.
Another new thing that happened this week was that I did my first intake Friday morning! I was really not ready for it, but I guess you just learn things by getting pushed into them. I'm SO glad that I had Raye there with me. A few people in the office wanted me to do the intake on a 70 year old guy since Raye wasn't in yet, but I REALLY didn't want to since I haven't really learned what each form is for yet. Fortunately, they didn't make me do it, but when Raye came in she had me do it. I guess it could've gone worse....and the man was very nice and patient. So now I've almost learned everything for my job and will start it as soon as Raye leaves (which will be in December...so I've got plenty of time!). The thing I'm worried about is that I'm gonna have a lot of stuff to do and I'm going to have a lot of responsibility because I'm not only going to be an Intake worker, but also an Agency Technical Administrator! And there's also the fact that Raye does most of her intakes in the afternoon, but since I'm in Project 12 I only work in the mornings, so I'll have to make people come in then. The nice thing about my job is that all the people who work on my floor are really nice and I'm sure that if I'll ever need any help I can ask someone with no problems. The homeless people are also (almost) all very nice and a lot of them joke around with me or give me compliments when they see me every morning =) One of the men once said "ciao" to me instead of "hi" and then said "I'llBeTheSame" for "goodbye" haha
Ok, I better go practice swing dancing because tomorrow JPUSA is having a big Swing dance party from 8pm to midnight! I'm sure it will be a lot of fun, but I'm kind of nervous about it cuz Jesse (one of our teachers) told me that a lot of people from swing dance classes outside of the community have been invited! I've only had 4 lessons so I'm not THAT good at it! Oh well...I hope I don't end up dancing with a really good dancer...or a weirdo either!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment