Thursday Oct 4
DM (Discipleship Ministry) was awesome. We had worship and it was soo good. I think it's the best worship time we've had so far! Then we prayed for Brian (Ami's husband) and Josh (Brian's best friend) who were leaving the next day to go to India.
Saturday Oct 6
Woke up earlier than usual to go to the shelter for the Roof Raising (or how they say here the "ruff raising" haha). It's really crazy because in all these years no one has actually replaced or fixed the roof, they just kept adding on layers to it. So now the roofers and whoever else wants to help (this Saturday was Project 12) are taking off all the layers which was supposed to be 14 inch deep but which is actually 18 inch in the middle and 24 inch on the sides!
However, Sue (who's one of the people that work in the office where I work) had me doing the hospitality and welcome. At first, I felt bad because I came there to work on the roof, but then when I saw that the people working on the roof didn't have masks on and they were all black from the stuff on the roof I was glad I didn't go. My skin is very sensitive and I have asthma so it wouldn't have been a good idea. So while everyone was working really hard under the sun and getting their skin very irritated, I worked in the office because Sue wanted me to do some things for her. Therefore, I just ended up doing what I do every morning during the week.
Here's a video of this Saturday with Project 12 (Andrew who's in the video also works in my office). If you go to the link of CCO (the shelter) you can see the videos of the other days.
Then, after lunch, they had me go to the other building where they serve food to the homeless. At lunch time, they serve those that live in the shelter, but then from 1:30 pm to 3 they serve whatever homeless people from Chicago come in. That time is when I served. I had no idea that I was going to serve for so long, I thought I was just serving for an hour, but I enjoyed it. It was kind of weird cuz most of the people didn't look like they were homeless and they were all very nice. There were just two or three men that gave me problems, but 2 or 3 out of the 200 that came in is really good. While I was working Miss Cadillac kept telling me what to do which kind of annoyed me (even though I knew she was right and I knew it was good that she was telling me what to do). So when she came up to me later, while I was helping clean up, and asked me if I could come back Wednesday, it really surprised me. Annaliese (who grew up and lives here) said that's really rare. That made me happy.
Then that night we had the coffee house which was really awesome! =)
Sunday Oct 7
After church, Hannah, Susanne, Michael, Marco and I went to the lake to hang out which was a lot of fun. (click on the pics to make them bigger)
Then that night we went out for a Mexican dinner and Darrell and Lyle came with us (they're part of the P12 staff).
Monday Oct 8
I kind of had an emotional breakdown. I was really tired and, like most dinners, there was mostly meat and since I'm a vegetarian and I wasn't really hungry I decided to wait and have the rest of my burrito from the night before later on. However, when I then went to the kitchen on my floor and looked in the refrigerator, my burrito was gone! I was SO mad! I couldn't believe that someone had eaten it even though my name was written on it!
Later on, after I calmed down and decided to go back in the kitchen and find something to eat, Scott told me that he had eaten it. I was very mad because, of the 40 people that live on my floor, it was one of the few people who actually know me that ate something that was mine, but he was very sorry and funny and dramatic (as he usually is) so it was hard for me to explode and bite his head off (though my friends ended up doing it anyway =P)
Tuesday Oct 9
As soon as Scott saw me he gave me money for my burrito and I
went out for lunch with Sarah and Dora to get a sub sandwich cuz they didn't want to have the lunch at the house.Since that night was the last night we were gonna see Marco, a bunch of us went out to the lake and Bethany flew a kite hehe (the picture is of Dora, Marco, me and Hannah). It was really nice having fun after RL (Redeemed Lives) cuz it's the only class that I don't like and that night the lesson had also been really intense.
Marco left for England!
No comments:
Post a Comment