Monday, October 22, 2007

Oct 11 - Oct 20

Thursday Oct 11
I had my first family dinner! My family is Matt and Becki Switaj's family. Becki is Ami's oldest sister. I really like my family. My "parents" are really nice, they're young, and I can talk with them very easily. I feel very comfortable with them. I also really like my "brothers". Micheal is now my brother which is funny because he kind of reminds me of my real brother Isaac...only he's not a little white blond boy, but a 19 year old mulatto haha. And I don't think he's a drummer. My other "brother" is Darren who just started Project 12. He's a nice and funny guy and he's my age! (So now I'm not the only teenager in P12!). The two Switaj boys are Lucas and Eben. They're 7 and 3. They're really cute!!!

Friday Oct 12
We had Anneliese's 20th birthday party. It was an 80s party where we all dressed up and danced for 4 hours to 80's music...it was so much fun!


Saturday Oct 13
I finally slept in! Then that evening I had fun playing cards with my family.

Sunday Oct 14
This day was Eben's 4th birthday and Ami decided to take him to McDonalds for the afternoon and Michael made me go with them. We were a pretty big group. The "adults" were Ami, Michael, Darren, Rich (Darren's friend who also just joined P12), Susanne and me and then, other than Eben, we also had two other little boys that Ami was baby sitting. (The picture is of Eden and Eben. It's funny how they look like brothers. They're so cute!!)
The sad thing is that Eben doesn't like me =( Maybe he just needs to warm up to me cuz right now I'm just s stranger to him.
Here's Tyler and Michael wanting to be little boys again...haha

Afterwards, Sarah, Michael, Tyler, Darren, Rich and I went downtown which was a lot of fun. Those boys are so silly.

Monday Oct 15
I was very hyper but also very tired during the day which was pretty funny. That evening I went for a bike ride in the rain at 11:30 with Amanda Sue and Andrew. It was so nice! =) (even though it was kind of chilly out)

Tuesday Oct 16
I was finally able to talk to my family in Portugal on the webcam which was really nice.

Thursday Oct 18
It was Ben's birthday!! I called my parents on skype again since Ben was gonna be there. It was really nice getting to talk to him =)

Sat Oct 20
We had a wedding. It's funny how I usually don't like going to church or going to weddings, but here I like going to church and Bethany and Elija's Jpusa wedding was great! It's funny because I don't know the couple that was getting married, but all Project 12 students had to help out. The tradition for Jpusa is that when someone has a wedding, the couple doesn't do anything and the whole community does everything for them. Isn't that really nice?? The decorations and the cake were so cool!!! Becki and another lady made the cake. My job was to do the Bride's Brunch. I wasn't too happy about the fact that I needed to get up early on a Saturday, but it was nice having a very nice brunch and hanging out with the bride and the bride's maids and watch them get their hair and makeup done. I thought it was funny that I also ended up in the Bride's room where the bride and the maids were getting dressed and ready to go out. They'll probably look at the pics and think "who the heck is that girl who isn't all dressed up?" haha

No comments: