Sunday, November 4, 2007

So Many Hopes And Dreams

I have so many hopes and dreams...
*traveling around the world
*learning other languages
*visiting and working at different ministries and/or communities around the world
*learning how to sing and starting a band
*working in a third world country (which is what I've wanted to do since I was little)
*having a family of my own
They're A LOT and some are kind of crazy, but yeah, those are my dreams...

Tonight I went to the Bardic Circle that Leah Grover (she's on P12 staff) organized and I LOVED it! There were about 10 of us and some read something, others played something and others more sang and/or played a long (for the first time I saw and heard a friction drum and it's awesome!) . In addition, Frank brought some Snickerdoodle cookies he made which were delicious!! It was a great variety of art that mixed together so well and made me feel happy. Art is such a wonderful thing =)

At noon, I had my second One on One which went great. This week God has really spoken to me about not complaining and being patient with others and loving those whom I don't like and who get on my nerves. Obviously I screwed up big time in both things, especially the second one...but that's what happens when you live in a community.

Last night (the Halloween/costume contest party) was a lot of fun! Carolyn came in first place (and therefore got the 50$ Barnes and Noble gift certificate) dressed up as Frankenstein's bride, Lyle came in second as a big bucktoothed fat guy, Hannah came in third as her mother when she lived here in the 80s and I came in fourth as a fat, ugly gypsy. It was so much fun dressing up! =)
Other great costumes were Sam and Erica who wore each other's clothes and Bethany who came as the bride in Kill Bill with her wedding dress covered in blood! When she walked in everyone just stared at her dress with shock on their faces. Michael's was hilarious, too, especially because he acted the part during the whole party. He was awkward man haha.

Here are some pictures from halloween, Hannah and I making stuff for Brach's birthday, and last night's party...



P.S. On Saturdays we have hot dogs for lunch. Therefore, yesterday, I made myself a salad and for the first time since I've been here, I was able to put olive oil in it! In addition, Chris (who's a vegan friend of Dora) let me have some of the hummus he made. It felt soooo good having a healthy meal that I made that felt like something I'd eat at home...aaaaah =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading all your new blog entries, but especially this one... your hopes and dreams are beautiful and I can see you in each one.
God's doing such cool things in you and through you, Whitney. Isn't He the best teacher?
I love you and really miss you, but I'm so glad you're right where you are...
~me (mph)