Friday, November 16, 2007

What Makes a Great Day

Today (Friday) was a great day and I feel happy.
Here's what made my day a good one...

_Having Bente do our devotions this morning. She is a funny Danish woman who gets very excited when she does devotions. You can hear how excited she is by the tone of her voice and from the words she chooses to use and you can see it by her facial expression and the way she stands up and keeps moving around. I like listening to her do devotions.

_Having the internet work in my room

_Walking to work with God

_Realizing, once again, how I love all the people that work on my floor at the shelter and how they never stress out, but can get pretty silly.

_Enjoying a cookie (that Stuart made) with Skot (a goth guy who's very interesting, but with whom I don't speak much) in the kitchen at the office.

_Seeing all the preschool kids going around in their pijamas because of pjs day

_Having lunch with a bunch of people that I like and laughing at them being silly.

_Having Jack tell me "You look really nice today, but then again you look pretty everyday". Jack and Jim are two seniors that always hang out in the lobby and who spoil me with complements and gifts. They're great.

_Going out for a very enjoyable walk with Dora after lunch even though it's freezing outside and having the cutest squirrel ever follow us around. I've never had a squirrel walk with me right next to my shoe!!! He was adorable. We named him Pete.

_Seeing Tiana in the lobby when coming back from my walk and getting to hug and talk to her. She is so beautiful! I can't wait to go to her baby shower!

_Talking to Annica on Skype for the first time!! It was nice seeing her and speaking Italian again =)

_Being silly with Azaria and Dora between and after class.

_Watching The Phantom of The Opera with Dora and Michael and seeing how Michael loves the movie so much.

_Hanging out with Betty (Bethany) since tomorrow she's leaving for 3 weeks and having Nutella freshly bought by Michael (even though I felt like I was going to explode cuz I ate too much, again..)! I missed Nutella...

How could the day be less perfect? =)

4 comments:

ottO said...

I found your blog quite by accident! I am enjoying it and enjoyed meeting you at dinner with Hannah the other night!

ottO

oh, my blog is www.xanga.com/otto802, just so you know, in case you care.

Anonymous said...

That sounds great especially since you had a horrible week last week.
Please give Tiana & Eve a hug from me. I should figure out to send Tiana a copy of her dancing with Isaac.
Speaking of what makes a great day. Your Ma and I are without kids for the whole weekend and we've only gotten out of bed today to get our coffee (it's after 2 pm :-). Even though we're broke (so what's new) we're going out for something this evening. Sad to say, but we can't think of the last time we've gone out together! So we're having a GREAT day!

Anonymous said...

oops again, it wasn't Tiana, but Eve.

Anonymous said...

arizona is becoming lonely! i miss hanging out with whitney and watching phantom of the opera!!


and nutella.. -michael