I think it's funny how, before I got here, people were telling me "Oh, now you're going to that hippy commune...you're gonna come back to us with dreads and acting like a hippy" and "Be careful to not make their way of living influence your view on having money. You know, God does say to become poor for Him, but that doesn't mean that it's bad to have money" or something like that. But really, I'm probably the only "hippy" on my floor (not that I'm a true hippy, but I've kind of always been a little hippy-ish) and tuns of people here make money with side jobs and spend it on whatever. Some people like to eat out a lot, some like to get brand name clothing and some love getting electronics. Really, this community is just a bunch of normal people living together. That's it, plain and simple =)
I'm really happy that I moved! I liked where I used to live, my room was really nice, I got along alright with my roommate, there were a lot of nice people on my floor, the floor was nice, clean and calm. But now on second floor I feel like I'm living in a house, instead of a floor, I feel like I'm in a big family, instead of having neighbors that I barely see or talk to and my roommate is a really good friend, instead of a girl I live with and get along with. Sure, it's a lot crazier and louder than 6th floor, but I like it. And really, it reminds me a little of when I lived with my family in Italy.
The fact that second floor is like this is probably because almost everyone on this floor is related, there are a lot of young singles and couples on this floor, and there are a lot of little kids, too.
So, this weekend I have my room all to myself cuz Bethany went to her parents' house for her mom's birthday. It'll be nice for me cuz I'll be able to relax, (hopefully) have more time to be alone with God and time to organize my stuff. I'll also be able to get more acquainted with my room =). No, don't worry, I'm not going to start talking to my room or anything. haha
I really hope that I can go to Unique (the thrift store that's near by) on Monday! Mondays are half price off (and I'm trying to not spend much money!), but I usually have homework to do on that day and I don't feel like going in the evening. I have so many things that I want to find there like some cool mugs and a tea pot (that way I can make a big thing of tea!).
Ok, well gotta go!
Hope you all are well =)
P.S. Sunday I finally saw The Passion of The Christ! I'm glad I watched it by myself. I really really liked it. I love the fact that it's real, even though it makes it heavy and graphic...but why should a movie about the killing of Jesus be light and happy? I love the fact that the whole movie is in the original languages!! And I also got really excited when I was able to understand when the Roman guards were speaking and there were no subtitles!
A lot of people tell me that they don't like to watch that movie. In fact, no one wanted to watch it with me (and I'm glad they did cuz I liked watching it by myself). But I loved it and want to watch it again soon.
P.P.S. I really miss Italian/European food...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment