My time here with my Grandparents has been wonderful, just what I needed. I was going crazy in Chicago! I was beginning to wonder if I would be able to really live there for anther year! As soon as I saw my grandparents' house I felt happy and when my grandparents, aunts and I were done having dinner together, I couldn't help sighing with relief and saying how glad I was to be back. This is, after all, the house that has been most familiar to me here in the States, since every time my family came to the States we would stay here. It's been great being out in the country, hearing crickets all the time, not hearing sirens and people yelling, seeing and smelling green. And it's so nice to be living in a place with LIGHT! How I've missed being able to sit in a room with sunlight!! And there's no drama and no being on the computer all day (at work and at home). Instead, I'm working in the garden and the yard with my Grandma and also help her around the house (especially in the kitchen), I'm getting to relax, read, play cards, and watch Grandma dance around to her silly songs (Philadelphia Chickens) =)
Yesterday I finally got new shoes!! My Grandparents really helped me search ALL OVER for them and helped me pay for them. It's weird having new shoes...they're so bright and clean and narrow. I forgot that when you buy new shoes, you have to wear them for a bit before you're able to break them (I've been wearing my old shoes for more than two years now...).
It's very annoying how whatever I wear on my feet hurts me...my old shoes give me calluses on my heels, my flip flops rub my skin raw on the sides of my feet and between my toes, and my new shoes give me sores on the sides of my small toes. It's just easier to go bare foot =)
Here you can see how bad my shoes were...
And here are some pictures I took of my grandparents' flowers (you can click on them to see them bigger). My favorite one is the red and orange one =)
No comments:
Post a Comment