I've also learned that my first response to just about everything is fear. If I listened to the voice of fear, I would do basically nothing. But part of what it means for me to move from being a nice girl to being a good woman, is that I choose to talk down fear. When fear says, "What have you gotten yourself into now?" I say, "I think I've gotten myself into the will of God, and I'm not going to back down."
When fear says, "You are not smart enough, experienced enough, or strong enough to do what you're trying to do," I say, "Well, I serve a God who specializes in using people as flawed as me, so you might as well give up."
When fear says, "You are going to disappoint people so badly," I say, "Well, maybe so, bit I guess I'd rather take the risk of disappointing people by not being good enough than disappointing God by not being brave enough." "
"Dangerous women. World-changing women.
That's what I want to be and that's what I hope
you will be. All of us. Together.
May we be dangerous women.
May we be women who acknowledge our
power to change, and grow, and be radically
alive for God.
May we be healers of wounds and righters
of wrongs.
May we weep with those who weep and
speak for those who cannot speak for
themselves.
May we cherish children, embrace the elderly,
and empower the poor.
May we pray deeply and teach wisely.
May we be strong and gentle leaders.
May we sing songs of joy and talk down fear.
May we never hesitate to let passion push us,
conviction compel us, and righteous anger
energize us.
May we strike fear into all that is unjust and evil
in the world.
May we dismantle abusive systems and silence
lies with truth.
May we shine like stars in a darkened
generation.
May we overflow with goodness in the name of
God and by the power of Jesus. And in
that name, and by the power, may we
change the world.
Dear God,
Please make us dangerous women.
Amen."
That's what I want to be and that's what I hope
you will be. All of us. Together.
May we be dangerous women.
May we be women who acknowledge our
power to change, and grow, and be radically
alive for God.
May we be healers of wounds and righters
of wrongs.
May we weep with those who weep and
speak for those who cannot speak for
themselves.
May we cherish children, embrace the elderly,
and empower the poor.
May we pray deeply and teach wisely.
May we be strong and gentle leaders.
May we sing songs of joy and talk down fear.
May we never hesitate to let passion push us,
conviction compel us, and righteous anger
energize us.
May we strike fear into all that is unjust and evil
in the world.
May we dismantle abusive systems and silence
lies with truth.
May we shine like stars in a darkened
generation.
May we overflow with goodness in the name of
God and by the power of Jesus. And in
that name, and by the power, may we
change the world.
Dear God,
Please make us dangerous women.
Amen."
From "Nice Girls Don't Change the World" by Lynne Hybels
Have a nice day =)
No comments:
Post a Comment