To think, I was so close to her and yet so far...
at least I heard her voice on the phone;
she was tired, but she liked hearing from me.
I can't remember when I last saw her
I know she was probably laughing
and we probably played cards.
I have a feeling it was two Christmases ago.
I was so close to her and yet so far...
at least I heard her voice on the phone;
she was tired and told me she just wanted to be healed.
Now she's definitely well,
more than well, really.
Now she'll finally be able to walk on her own two feet,
no need for others to lift her or push her wheelchair.
Now she can run, and skip, and play!
She's not in pain anymore.
She's probably laughing right now.
And she might be playing cards
with some other happy soul.
All Christmas break I've been getting one bad news after another. At least my break now ends with a news that, although sad, is good: my aunt Dawn died but now she will suffer no more. Fortunately, I was able to speak to her on the phone before she left us.
Happy New Year Everyone! May we see the good even in our bad moments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment