Friday, January 7, 2011

My Christmas Break

How can I describe my Christmas break?

-Rediscovering what cold is

-Seeing snow again after two years

-Gazing out at the snow-covered woods in the back of my maternal grandparents' house in childish wonder

-Going to a casino for the first time in my life and using slot machines with my grandfather

-Listening to my grandmother talk about when she was younger

-Exploring Saratoga Springs with my grandfather and having fun looking at all the old houses and big mansions

-Going to Christmas Eve mass with my grandparents and my uncle Kevin

-Traveling on Christmas day in the smallest plane I've even been in (7 passenger propeller plane) and being the only passenger along with the pilot and co-pilot

-Playing Pinochle with my paternal grandparents and my aunt Judy

-Going with my aunts Judy and Marty to see Chronicles of Narnia: the Voyage of the Dawn Treader

- Watching the movie Fireproof on New Year's Eve with my aunt Judy and the special needs women she works with

-Spending time with all my old Pennsylvanian friends and feeling like no time has passed since last time I saw them

-Visiting what I'll call a "Healing House" for women with my friend Abby (one of my parents' pastors)

-Playing with Abby's dogs Earl and Shebah (the Duke of Earl and the Queen of Shebah)

-Getting to see Ellie and her really cute twin boys (who I believe are about a year old)

-Laughing to tears with grandma

-Spending hours reading whatever I want for how much time I want to (I got to read 4 books during my break! I'm so happy)

-And, well, sleeping and eating a lot

No comments: