This morning, a friend of mine (a missionary kid from Spain) and I went to a Hispanic church. We figured it would be fun and we're both still looking for a church to start going to on a regular basis (even though she's already been here for two years). Well, we were both definitely NOT expecting what happened.
In all of our years of being in all kinds of different churches, neither of us had ever experienced anything like this. At first, the worship was normal and we enjoyed it. I was so excited that I could understand 99% of what was being said! But then this guest speaker got up and things got weird. Instead of preaching, he had the worship band repeat the same song over and over again while he went around "praying" for almost every single person in the church. The way he prayed was yelling and jerking while pushing the people he was praying for until they fell. Every single person he prayed for fell. Most of the people in the church were crying, wailing, sobbing loudly, and yelling while this pastor guy just kept choosing people and yelling his prayers at them and pushing them until they would fall. Every single time he started yelling I would jump.
After this went on for a VERY long time, my friend and I sat down together and started whispering to each other that we were both really freaked out and that we both wanted to run out, but didn't want to offend the girl we had come with. So, we just both silently prayed for God to protect us and help us and then we staid seated, took out our Bibles, and started to read.
Whenever the pastor came near us I would close my eyes and try to hide while my friend gave him a menacing look. Both of us DID NOT want him to call on us, pray for us, and touch us. My friend told me that if he called on either of us she was going to make a scene, grab me, and run out of the church haha
We both agreed later that it was the first time we were so terrified and uncomfortable while being in a church and it was the first time we prayed for God to protect us from a pastor and not let him pray for us.
Needless to say, we were relieved when, THREE HOURS LATER, the girl we came with said we were leaving.
I am not going back to that church again, even if the pastor was only a guest speaker. But hey, now I have yet another crazy story to tell people!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment