One of the things that bothers me the most at the homeless shelter where I work is hearing how the parents treat their children. When the children (babies and older) are quiet, the parents will be nice to them, cuddle them, say some nice things to them.... But if the child is crying, or wondering around, or curiously looking at/through some stuff, (basically being a child) or if the parent's having a bad day, I hear the worst things come out of the mother/father's mouth, things that a child should never hear, and it breaks my heart. They call them bad names (like stupid and worse things), they swear really bad, and just plain treat them like dirt.
And then people wonder why kids who live in this neighborhood who come from poor and messed up families and have nothing to do during the day, start shooting each other and just get into gangs and violence...
By the way, I don't think I even mentioned that a few weeks ago Tabitha (Jon Trott's youngest daughter who lives a couple blocks down the street) was walking with Naya (her 7 month year old baby) and all of a sudden found herself in the middle of a gun fight between two groups of (what she said looked like) 14/15 year old kids! She immediately dropped to the ground, holding the stroller and screaming for them to stop shooting. Fortunately, no one got hit.
Please pray for the kids (from babies to teenagers) of Uptown Chicago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment