God is so good! Just a few days ago I was complaining to myself about how I haven't been able to really enjoy this summer, but yesterday and today were great!
Yesterday, a group of us had a nice picnic at a beautiful beach about an hour or less away from here and it was SO nice. I got to hang out with a lot of people, enjoy the natural beauty, eat good food, and play with Eben (Matt and Becky's four year old son). =)
This morning, PJ (one of the guys who works on my floor at the shelter) spoiled us yet again, with a very good breakfast consisting of grapes and strawberries! After lunch, I went outside, in our side yard, in the nice sunshine (but chilly air...weird!) with one of the books I'm reading, Face to Face With God by Bill Johnson (thanks again Randy and Linda!! =) ). I sat next to a group of moms and half read and half listened to and joined in their conversations. I love the moms at our house =). After that, I got to hang out with Hannah and go for a walk with her while sharing her iPod and singing together. It's so much fun to just sing out loud and dance down the sidewalk even though people around you can't hear the song you're listening to and look at you like you're crazy...I love it!
When we got back from our walk we then went to the Winters' room where I finally got to watch some of the Olympics!! I'm so bummed that I didn't get to see the China vs USA basketball game!! I'm sure it was great!! I had no idea basketball was so big in China!
Hopefully, I'll get to see some more tomorrow. It's a shame they only start at 7 pm here...
Ok, gotta go to bed. Night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
If that is Bill Johnson from California I can't warn you strongly enough against him. I saw him speak last year at Toronto and was very disturbed when he told us we needed to take scripture out of context to use it correctly.
He is also closely tied to Todd Bentley, who is whack-o and flies around the earth in his sleep healing people...
Thanks, Otto. I didn't know that about him.
But yeah, there have been a few things in his book that are kind of weird, but there are good things, too. So, I'm just ignoring the weird and taking in the good. God can speak to us through all kinds of stuff =)
But that is good to know.
It was nice to see your wife again! Even if it was just for a little bit.
Hope you're doing well! Say hi to Arriel for me.
Post a Comment