So the tour has finally ended and I’m both sad and happy about it. I already miss the guys and Jasmin.
The tour officially ended Saturday with the bands’ last concert (which was amazing! First they both played on main stage and then they played an acoustic set on a smaller stage - both times with a huge crowd). Then Reform the Resistance got their plane Monday morning and Triplet got theirs on Tuesday.
The experience was great and the whole tour was awesome. I’m really glad that I was a part of it! I got to see places that I had never seen before, I learned a lot, I met a bunch of new people and I got to know the guys and Jas better =)
The guys said that I did a great job as tour manager, but personally, I don’t think that I did much and I know that it wouldn’t have gone so well if it had been with two other bands. They’re all like my brothers and sister and they were so nice, sweet, honest and helpful.
Sure, there were some moments during which I wasn’t exactly jumping for joy and there were some arguments between us, but I think that’s normal when nine people live together for a month and go threw all the stuff we went threw.
I think the one person that had the most difficult time was João. It was his first time on a tour and I think it was his first time traveling outside of Portugal for a month, so not being used to all of it probably made it kinda hard. AND he had to always drive so much, so it was pretty stressful for him. I’m glad he came on the tour, though, (yes, even though we were arguing almost the whole time) cuz it was a good experience for him and it was nice hanging out with him.
The funny thing about the tour is that the bands didn't know each other before the tour started, but just a few days after the tour started, it was like they had known each other for years. The only person I didn't know already was Ryan, Reform the Resistance's drummer, but we became good friends very quickly, too. Maybe we connected because we were the only blonds on the tour haha. Another thing that I think is really funny is how those who play the same instruments are so similar! Ruben and Sambo are the two bass players and they are both very nice and sensitive and are both my huggy buddies. Ben and Jason are singers and guitar players and they are both strong, leader figures, and ladies men, but they are also very caring. And then Pedro and Ryan are the drummers who are both sweet and very funny. I love them all very much =)
Since I couldn't post anything during the tour, I'll have to post everything now, but I guess it's better to post a bit at a time so that you're not overwhelmed by it all. After posting all that I've written, I'll also post the slideshow I made of different pics we all took =)
At some point, when Ben's not too busy, he will make a video of the tour and I'll post that here, too.
P.S. Oh yeah! During Rock on the Rock, friends of ours from an American military base near by brought me my new laptop! So now I'm typing this on my awesome new laptop!! =) I'm happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment