A few days ago Carolyn gave me my Christmas present which, she said, is a group present that she also had for Betty and Hannah. The present consisted of a bunch of little things wrapped up individually. When I opened the first one she handed me I was very confused. They were pink and fuchsia hoop earings! I never wear pink or hoop earings. Once I was done opening every little gift, I was told that the gifts are accessories for an 80s movie night that us girls are going to have at some point! She had gotten me everything pink 'cause she wanted to give me Pretty in Pink. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to find it, so she gave me Breakfast Club instead. =) Hannah got Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and Betty got an 80s' movie that I've never seen....I think it might be Valley Girl.
We love the 80s! =)

I am so blessed to have such great friends!
Yesterday, one of the things that were talked about in our Redeemed Lives class was that we need to have healthy affirmation in our femininity/masculinity. And that the best way to do this, is first of all, to have good friendships with same sex members and second, to ask God to bring our femininity/masculinity out and bless it. During my small group meeting after the class, I realized again how I really have been affirmed in my Christianity and femininity by moving here! Before living here, in Italy, I didn't really have any close girl friends or any good Christian friends who lived near by and with whom I could talk to about anything. Now I'm surrounded with SO MANY Christian women with whom I hang out all the time and with whom I can talk to about anything.
THANK YOU LORD!
1 comment:
I'm just smiling about how good God is...
Love you
~mph
Post a Comment