Thursday, January 15, 2009

Complaining About Helping People

Right now I feel like a total jerk. I am constantly complaining about my job and I realize how stupid I am. Yes, my job is pretty crazy, yes, the paperwork is a mess, yes, some of my co-workers drive me crazy, yes, I sometimes find myself working crazy hours to get everything done, and yes, sometimes I feel very uncomfortable and disrespected by the clients...BUT my job is helping others, my job really isn't as hard as other people's, almost all my co-workers are Christians and are nice and there for me when I have a meltdown or need to leave for some reason, and the people we are helping are broken people who didn't have a family like mine, don't have a house to live in and the things they need, and some don't have a good education and/or aren't mentally stable. Who am I to complain?!?! Honestly, I'm surprised that God doesn't just come down here and give me a big, hard, smack on the head! What's wrong with me?? Why should I be complaining when I have a VERY GOOD LIFE and others all around the world are in desperate conditions??

For example, I just found out that Mongolia is currently experiencing its highest inflation rate in over a decade, mainly as a result of rising fuel and food costs.
Here's a picture I found on BBC NEWS of a family sleeping in a garage home huddling together as much as possible in order to keep warm.


I am so embarrassed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for healthy embarassment! If it leads to our transformation, well then... hooray!

~mph