Thursday, January 10, 2008

On A Thin Line Between Stress and Peace

This last week has been pretty stressful between the mountain of work that I have to do at the shelter (and which doesn't seem to ever get any smaller since they keep giving me more stuff to do) and my whole moving situation. Now it looks like I'm moving NEXT weekend. Ugh.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my job and I love living here, but sometimes I get stressed out.
Last night was really nice though. Hannah, Sarah, Michael, Darren, Tyler and I all went to Dollop, which is a really nice coffee house near by. We sat on the couches in the back and we each did our own thing (Hannah and I did our homework, Sarah read her Bible, Darren listened to his Ipod, Michael wrote in his journal and Tyler read his book), though every once in a while we would joke around and talk. I laughed a lot, which was really nice since I haven't done that in a while. Hannah then told me that it was so nice hearing me laugh again (even though I was shacking the whole couch haha) =)
I've gotten some pretty interesting compliments in the last few days:
"You are very...unique"
"You're such a girl and I love it!"
"Your laugh is so contagious! It's great!"
A few simple compliments are nice to have every now and then, especially if you're going through a hard time.
I've also been trying to hang out with the Switajs more since I usually don't do that much and it's been nice getting closer to Becki. I'm also really happy that Eben's slowly warming up to me =)
I'm glad this week isn't going too bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So nice to "read" you again and to see that you're finding peace, rest and laughter in the midst of often stressful times.
I don't laugh near as much, and surely not as hard, since you left and I miss that. Almost no one else gets me laughing till I cry like you do...
xox

~mph