Monday, October 1, 2007

Twirling Around With the Wrong Kind Of Shoes

I just got back from my first swing dance lesson! It was so much fun!! One of the girls came up to me at the end and told me that I must've been having a great time cuz I was smiling and laughing the whole time =) During the lesson I ended up with the guys who had no idea of what they were doing, but then I stayed after the lesson was over and danced with Marco and Nate (the teacher) and it was SO much fun. They spun me around so much it was crazy! Of course, not having the right kind of shoes I kept tripping. What I learned though is that the important thing is that the guy knows what he's doing since he has to lead.
Soon Amanda Sue's gonna come over and start teaching me how to sow and help me start patching up my shoe! Yay I'm so happy =)

Here's the slide show I said I'd put up =)

And here's a video I did just for the heck of it (I'm not that good at this, but I'm learning) Song is Swan by the Italian singer Elisa =)
Unpacking in my new room

Oh yeah, during lunch I got to hear a bunch of spooky stories about one of the elevators. I only use the elevators when I'm tired or in a hurry...Unfortunately, every time I'm in a hurry the elevator will bring me down to the first floor, stop, not open the doors, and then go up to the 9th floor!! I guess the ghost doesn't like me haha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the slide show!! So nice to have a "taste" of your life there and know you're doin' fine.

We're settling into our house...just got internet last night, Alana started school yesterday, Isaac today.

I'll look for u online...maybe this weekend?

me