Friday, December 7, 2007

Weak

It's really weird - the last two weeks I've been feeling very weak and tired and my back and neck have been hurting a lot. I'm not doing anything different than what I've been doing for the last two months and a half, I've been eating healthier, been taking vitamins and airborne everyday and I've actually been going to bed earlier because I'm so tired. I should start swimming. That way I'll get more energy, I'll help my back and neck (and finally do what the doctors have been telling me since I was little) and I'll get in better shape. The only problem is...I'd have to get up at 6am three days a week. I'm not very happy about that. Getting up at 6am in the dark and getting wet when it's cold outside isn't exactly on the top of my top 10 things I want to do. But I should shut up, stop complaining and do it. First, though, it would be good to buy a bathing suit haha

On a sad note, I really wish that the shelter had an elevator... We have 5 floors at the Sylvia Center building (that's the one I work in, then there's Hannah House across the street and Leland a couple of blocks away). The first floor is just offices (that's where my office is), the second floor is for single women without kids, the third floor is for families (or singles with kids), and the fourth floor is for families (or again singles with kids) that have just moved in and single men that don't have kids. On Wednesday I saw an old man carrying a bag up the stairs with great difficulty and then yesterday I saw an autistic (probably 9 year old) girl that has a problem with her legs slowly going up the stairs with her father's help. I felt a squeeze at my heart when I saw these people and thinking about the pregnant ladies and all the other people that also must be having a difficult time getting up the stairs...

A really weird thing is that this past month a lot of the girls in Project 12 have been dreaming that they're either pregnant or having a baby. Erica actually dreamed 3 or 4 times that she was giving birth to triplets! That's actually more a nightmare than a dream!
Then last night was my turn. This is really freaky! And every time one of us has this dream our periods are very late which makes it even freakier! My RL small group leader said that people usually have that kind of dream because they're going through something new, or something new is being birthed into them or something. That makes sense since all of us in Project 12 are going through something new and are growing and changing. Though, personally, I think mine was inspired by the fact that yesterday I was looking at my cousin's pregnant pictures...

Last but not least, yesterday at DM the group that was leading it did Facts and Fiction about Christmas. They told us how most of our Christmas traditions are actually stolen from pagan traditions and don't really have anything to do with the birth of Christ, but that it's ok for us to use them if we want because they still inspire the Christmas spirit. For some reason, while they were reading all these different things, I was reminded of this video that I saw about a year ago. I think it's so cute (and true)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's "DM"? You use that abbreviation every once in a while, but I don't think you've ever actually explained what it is...
enlighten me, please :o).

~mph

Whitney said...

It stands for "Discipleship Ministry"
We do it on Thursday nights. It's mainly people from Project 12, but it's not a Project 12 thing, it started before P12 and anyone in the community is invited.

Anonymous said...

Ok, thanks :o).

~mph