to climb up my couch and my toilet/the side of my tub to reach for stuff. I've occasionally slipped since I'm a klutz, but I fortunately am good at landing well, so I haven't had any accidents so far. However, this morning right after I took my shower and was ready to go downstairs for devotions, I was reaching up in my bathroom and the toilet seat broke off!! So I ended up falling with my foot in the toilet! I am so glad that there wasn't anything in the toilet!! I obviously burst out laughing and couldn't stop, but my roommate was really worried that I had hurt myself.And that is how my day started!
At devotions, Tom Cameron (one of our pastors) talked about how we need to be humble just like Jesus, who stripped himself of all He was and came to us as a little helpless baby in a not so royal place. Tom then explained that being humble is not to stay in a corner and not say anything or not using your gifts, but it's stepping back from the spotlight and doing things you wouldn't normally do. In conclusion he read a page from the book Compassion by Henri Nouwen, Donald McNeill and Douglas Morrison about how most people, today, think that life is about succeeding and going higher, but how our life with God is actually a downward spiral. I wish I could actually quote what it said exactly 'cause it was so good....I guess I'm just going to have to ask Tom if I can borrow that book from him.
Later on in the morning, I had to go to a shelter meeting with the staff. It was a meeting about how we should act towards and accept LGBTs (Lesbian, Gays, Bisexuals, and Transgenders). It was pretty interesting, though I couldn't stop giggling about certain people in the meeting and what they were saying...
Today is a nice fall day. It's not too cold, not too hot, it's windy (which, now that I have short hair, isn't annoying anymore), the leaves are either colored with autumn colors or they're falling and it's raining on and off so it smell good outside. I really like fall and the smell of rain. =) I'm glad I live in a place that has all four seasons.
Ok, I should go...
I'm excited about DM tonight!
P.S. Here are some pictures of downtown from Tuesday night that some people in my community took. Look at all those people!! That's crazy...
No comments:
Post a Comment