Saturday, February 28, 2009

What Can I Do?

A few minutes ago, I was watching some Invisible Children videos which broke my heart. Then, I decided that I needed to stop sitting here on the computer and had to go put my laundry in. So, I grabbed my laundry and took the elevator down to the basement to the laundry room. In the elevator was this woman who lives with us, who is always in pain 'cause she has so many health issues, but now is even more in pain than usual 'cause she just had back surgery. We both got out of the elevator, I ran and put my laundry in, and then went to help her out with what she was doing (she wanted to pick something up, but couldn't bend over, and then she needed help walking up a slope which was really really hard for her)....Now I'm even more heart broken. She was in so much pain! Pain that I can't even imagine...and all those children in Uganda are going through things that I have never had to endure. And now, what can I do? Other than cry and pray? Other than feeling blessed, but at the same time, useless?
I wish I could help more, I wish I could do something!
But all I can do is sit here and be pitiful in my health and in my wealth.
Feeling sad and angry and crying out to God.
What can I do?

No comments: