This morning/noon, for my weekend work, I senior served for the first time and all the seniors were very nice. It wasn't as bad as everyone says.
Then, we walked back across the street and (after a lot of searching) found out that the only kitchen available was that on 2nd floor (which is really weird) and Hannah, Sarah, Carolyn and I all had a small dinner together. Then, Carolyn and Hannah went to babysit and Sarah and I went to the CCO party (party for people who work at the shelter). There were tuns of sweets to eat and one of the things we did was have an ugly Christmas sweater contest. I had decided not to participate, but Sue found me a sweater and she wanted me to wear it, so I did. Darrel, Eve, Peggy, Beth and Carol's outfits were hilarious! Darrel obviously won. His sweater had pockets on the back of it which he filled up with candy canes haha.
In the picture on the left, you can see Beth, Darrel, Phil (Eve's husband...yes, he's wearing a woman's sweater) and me. And in the one on the right, are Carol (those huge plastic bells she had kept playing Christmas songs!), Eve and Sophia.
After that was over, Sarah and I met up with Hannah and Carolyn (they were babysitting for a couple that was at the party) in Sarah and Carolyn's room and we watched Fest 4 Us videos on my lapton. Fest 4 Us is this big party JPUSA has here during Easter. I'm really excited about this year's!
Most of the videos they do for Fest 4 Us are really funny videos, but this one is the only one I saw that was serious and I love it!! Basically, they went around the building asking different people that live in the community about Resurrection. Kris (my mentor) is the second person that speaks after all the kids are interviewed. I LOVE the girl at the end =)
Resurrection
Here are some really funny F4U videos:
Many Are Called 2: The Boiling Point. It's about East Wood which is the building behind our house where most of the single men live. I obviously have never gone in there, but I've heard some crazy stories about it. Everyone jokes around about how no one in JPUSA cares about East Wood. It's funny for me to watch this video because I know a lot of the people in it and they're all so young. The leader of East Wood is Brian (Ami's husband) and the leader of the JPUSAs is my "dad" Matt Switaj haha. I LOVE the part where Tiana pulls out a gun!!! haha!
Donation Day. Eric, Cindy's husband, is in this one. I don't know the other two guys. We receive food donations on Wednesdays. Most of it is bananas, cereal and candy. The moms of the house are always the first ones to get to the donation room hehe
Here are some videos about the house (I don't know if I've already posted these before or not):
Our House.
Noise Boys: Mouse in the House.
Ok, now I'm gonna put my pajamas on the heater, get ready for bed, put my nice and toasty pjs on and then fall asleep to the sound of Max playing his guitar and singing (his room's under mine). What better way to end a great day? =)
No comments:
Post a Comment