Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I Shouldn't Be On Here, I Should Be Studying

Tonight for movie night we watched the second half of The Fellowship Of The Ring. I feel bad that we were watching a movie while the rest of the house was doing Community Cleaning, but oh well...
While watching the movie and seeing all those forest scenes I started feeling nostalgic of the woods near our house in Italy. I used to go in the woods every autumn and winter, but there aren't any woods here =(

I find it funny how everyone forgets that I've grown up in Italy because I speak perfect English and I look American, but then, every once in a while, I'll say or do something and people will either look at me weird or laugh at me and then realize, "Oh, yeah! You're European" haha
It does make me a little uncomfortable though when people don't realized it and just think that I'm stupid or something. Or when people talk about something that's obvious to all of them and I have no clue of what they're talking about. I bet Suzanne (the girl from Switzerland) is having an ever harder time cuz she didn't grow up in an American home like me.
What I hate the most is when, at work, I need to always ask my clients how to spell their names or the cities they come from or names of things (school, hospitals, medicines etc.). The thing is, I've only really been reading and writing in English now for about 4/5 years, but I'm actually not that bad at spelling...except for when it comes to names cuz they're not common nouns to me.
Also, sometimes in class, we'll have some discussions and I don't participate because I either haven't experienced what they're talking about because I haven't grown up here or I just have a completely different view on the matter and know that it's better to not say anything.
I miss Europe.

It looks like we're going sledding at some point this week! I'm excited. Sledding is always fun (and always an adventure haha). Then, this weekend we'll also have a coffee house with live music and sweets and Brian's going to finally talk about when he went to India for a month! I know it's gong to be wonderful =)

Ok, I REALLY need to get to my studying now...but first I need to get myself a cup of tea =P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see you procrastinate about doing schoolwork in Chicago just as well as you did in Salo'.
;O)

~mph

Anonymous said...

we went sledding and you didn't come! you missed brian run into that girl!

-michael