Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Love Memories

Today when I came to work I found this box of chocolates on my desk. I had forgotten that PJ had told me that he had put it there for me. He's always spoiling me and Erica =)

Seeing that box of chocolates reminded me of the day that someone bought the same exact chocolates for Baba at the land. It was a really really hot day and Baba doesn't have electricity on the land and thus doesn't have a refrigerator, so the chocolates were all melted. So me, Anne, and Baba all had fun sticking our fingers into the chocolates and eating them. They were so good and we just laughed while we licked the chocolate off our hands and had a good time talking and being silly.
Unfortunately, the box I have on my desk expired in February...but that's what happens when you get donations. I'm now temped to put one of these chocolates in the microwave 'cause then maybe it'll taste like it did that time with Baba eheh =)

That reminds me of another night when a praying mantis came and flew on Baba while we were having dinner. It then kept staring at our candle and so we started joking around about how he had to come to The Light and be saved.

That was so fun! I miss the land...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the praying mantis brought back a funny memory to me of the last time I was at the land - in August.
There was a big, dark Iranian guy staying there named Orush (spelled wrong for sure)and he had this great dark, bushy curly hair that he wore piled up on his head in a high ponytail. Contrary to his imposing stature, he was the sweetest, gentlest guy you could meet.
One night, he sat across from me at dinner and there, sitting perfectly perched (praying actually) on his head in front of the ponytail, was a huge praying mantis. Since, as you know, many people who visit the land dress quite creatively, I wondered if maybe he'd found the big insect dead and put it there on his head as a decoration, cuz it was perched too perfectly. So, I asked him, "Orush, is that thing on your head alive or dead?".
Well, he brushed his hand over his head with big, scared eyes and when he touched it, it jumped and so did he, shouting "aaaaaahhhhh!!!"
What a laugh we had...
I miss the Mount of Oaks too... but I'll be going there in the next few weeks :o).
~mph