Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A New Season

I took the day off yesterday, just like I did last Monday. As I've said before, I need a doing nothing day, a rest day. But then again, everyone does. It's hard to get those days when you're living in community, you pretty much just need to stay in your room and not come out. The nice thing about yesterday, was talking to Ami and figuring out what exactly I'm going to do for Project 12 (we decided that I'm going to be Brian's assistant and I'm also taking attendance for most of the classes and activities) and then, for dinner, it was nice to have soup. I haven't really mastered making soup, but I'm learning, 'cause I LOVE soup in the winter. So the soup wasn't the greatest thing ever, but it was SO nice having something warm to eat. It was definitely better than the meatloaf that was in the dining room!
I have some leftovers, so I'll have soup again today. Maybe I can add some stuff to it and make it even better =)

At the moment, I'm at work with not much to do and a former client of the shelter sleeping on the chair in front of me and breathing very heavily. The caseworker of the program that I do reports for is now on a 2 week vacation, so now I don't really have stuff to work with...

I can't say that I'm super excited about the winter coming, especially since I have this chest cold...hopefully it'll go away soon.
Mmm now I can't wait to go home and have that soup! =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We'll have to make some good soups together over Thanksgiving and Christmas vacations!
Yesterday, summer turned to winter overnight here, so we made a fire in the wood-burning stove in our bedroom to heat up the chilly upstairs rooms... still not THAT cold yet, but who can resist a fire to take off the chill?
(Yesterday, we were given tons of olive wood to heat our house with this winter... God's always creatively blessing us :o)